Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hanwell Town app


Hanwell Town - Match centre

Hanwell Town
Sat 7 Apr 15:00 - The Evo-Stik South - East Full time Attendance 73

Hanwell Town 3 Moneyfields 3


Home draw

Five days ago a draw felt like a win but on Saturday it felt like a defeat. The difference was that last time Town scored a late, late goal but this time the opposition netted not once, but twice, in the last few minutes of the game. The match began well for Hanwell and, in the fourth minute, the Town went ahead. Following a skilful dribble Imedd Kartita found Dan Fleming in space. His flick set Goldy Capela away and he took the chance well. Imedd went close to increasing Hanwell’s lead seven minutes later but he shot into the side netting from a difficult angle.
As the half progressed the visitors were increasingly having the better of the possession and the territory but the Hanwell rear-guard was preventing them from setting up any goal chances. The nearest they came was after twenty minutes when Sam Bunting mis-handled a deep cross under aerial pressure. However, Sam immediately rectified the situation by getting down well to gather in the loose ball. Two minutes later a Moneyfield free kick led to a scramble in the Hanwell area but Olly Duffy eventually managed to clear the danger.
As the half hour mark approached the visitors went close to equalizing when Howard Neighbour clipped the top of the crossbar from outside the area. Almost immediately Sam needed to come out bravely as Conor Bailey, pursued by Olly and Calum Duffy, chased a bouncing through ball into the box. In added-on time Sam dropped the ball over the goal line for a corner which required a block by Wayne Carter to save the day. When the whistle went for half time it was Hanwell who were the happier!
Hanwell began the second half well and a quick-passing move between Luke, Mergim Qarri and Charlie Mitchell ended disappointingly with the latter’s cross being blocked for a corner. Two minutes later Imedd found Wayne on the edge of the area but he fired over. Then, in the forty-ninth minute, Hanwell increased their advantage. Luke sent a high ball into the box which clipped Curtis Da Costa’s head to fly into the top corner of the net. Five minutes later another promising build-up by Town saw Dan Fleming’s long-range shot easily saved when options were available. Moneyfields raced up the other end where Sam came off his line and was in a collision that could have been seen as a penalty ,but thankfully for Town it was not.
The ensuing thirty-five minutes of the game were somewhat dramatic to put it mildly! In the fifty-sixth minute Moneyfields’ Steve Hutchings was shown a straight red card for an off-the-ball incident following a corner. One minute later the visitors pulled a goal back when Bailey clipped the ball in from an angle following a quick free kick. Ten minutes and another yellow card later Hanwell restored the two goal advantage. Luke found substitute Chris Moore, whose perfectly weighted through ball enabled Goldy to narrowly beat the offside trap. The striker calmly took the ball past the advancing ‘keeper and netted. It looked like ‘job done’ for the three points, but it was not to be!
Three minutes later the teams were down to ten players apiece when Charlie received a second yellow card for retaliation been shown a very soft one in the first half for an innocuous tug. Manager Tom Duffy then replaced Goldy with Mason Welch-Turner, reverting to a flat back four to hopefully see out the game. It seemed to be working until Imedd, who was having a good game up to that point, was shown a second yellow card for an unnecessary, reactive handball on the half-way line. Again his fist card had been soft, for standing too close to a free kick. It was now Moneyfields with the advantage and they threw big central defender Brett Poate up front. With just three minutes of normal time to play he out-muscled Peter Dean and drove the ball into the goal from the edge of the box. Not much more than a minute later the visitors were level when Joseph Briggs bent the ball round Sam from twenty-five yards out. With the ‘Moneys’ going all out for a winner Olly made a last-ditch clearance and Luke a similarly vital tackle. Then, with two minutes of added time played, Samie Ford was shown a second yellow card for a clumsy challenge. So it was nine versus nine for the final couple of minutes.
After the game all the talk was about the card count rather than an entertaining game. Four dismissals and several other yellow cards makes it sound like it had been an aggressive show-down or that there had been a brawl, but that had not been the case. The referee had been right to show cards for one or two early over-robust challenges, but others had been shown for transgressions that went unpunished in the televised Premier League games on Sunday afternoon!
TEAM: 1.Sam Bunting 2.Calum Duffy 3.Joe Chandiram 4.Oliver Duffy © 5.Wayne Carter (17.Peter Dean 62) 6.Luke Alfano 7.Mergim Qarri 8.Imedd Kartita 9.Dan Fleming (15. Chris Moore 55) 10.Goldy Capela (12.Mason Welch-Turner 73) 11.Charlie Mitchell Unused substitutes: 14.Jarmal Joseph 16.Nick Turner.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other East results

Ashford Town (Middx)
Chalfont St Peter
Aylesbury United
Hayes & Yeading United
Barton Rovers
Beaconsfield Town
Arlesey Town
Hartley Wintney
AFC Dunstable
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Thame United


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
16. Egham Town 42 48
17. Northwood 42 41
18. Hanwell Town 42 34
19. Fleet Town 42 34
20. Barton Rovers 42 33
21. Aylesbury 42 33
22. Arlesey Town 42 14

Team sponsors


Club sponsors