Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hanwell Town app


Hanwell Town - Match centre

Hanwell Town
Sat 2 Feb 15:00 - The Bostik Football League - South Central Division Full time Attendance 112

Ware FC 2 Hanwell Town 2


Memorable away point

On a day when the heavy snow the previous day meant the postponement of six of the scheduled league games, we were grateful that Ware's astro turfed pitch meant that to play this game was never in doubt.
Ware who were four places above us in the table were anxious to seek revenge for the 3-0 defeat that we had inflicted on them at Hanwell back in October thanks to a Tom Collins hat trick.
Our side showed just two changes from that which had been heavily beaten by Marlow seven days previously. Andy O'Brien replaced the unavailable Will Wambeek in the centre of our defence whilst Harvey Killeen returned to the side replacing Tyrik Hunte who dropped to the bench.
The Ware side included Williams Danquar who had made five appearances for us earlier in the season at full back.
Our side showed a system change with captain Ollie Duffy moving up into a mid field spot with brother Calum moving forward to play in a centre forward role.
There was little between the sides in the opening ten minutes with our best opportunity falling to Tom who volleyed a Harvey Killeen cross high over the bar whilst at the other end a good ball by former Town player Danquar released David Cowley down the left and he send a low cross to the far post where Andy O'Brien did well to cut the cross out. However, in the fourteenth minute Ware did take the lead. Danquar played a ball across the centre of the pitch to Jack Daveney who played an excellent ball right through the centre of our defence where Brandon Adams was right through with only Aaron Bufton to beat and he made no mistake driving the ball across Aaron into the far corner of the net. For a period after this, Ware were in complete control of the game and it was only some excellent defending and sheer hard work that prevented them from building on their early lead. However, as the game progressed so we began to gain a foothold in the game playing some nice football with Danny Julienne and Harry Rush heavily involved. A ball over the top of the Ware defence set up a great chance for Calum, but a tremendous block tackle by Ware's captain Gareth Madden saved the day for the home side. Shortly afterwards Madden had to be substituted due to a cut head that he had suffered earlier in the game but from which the blood was again flooding. Right on the stroke of half time we were denied what seemed to be a certain penalty kick when Keiron Cathline who had a fine game was brought down by Danquar as he raced into the Ware penalty area but our claims were denied by the match referee.

Ware almost doubled their lead in the opening minute of the second half when from a break down the left hand side, Albert Adu, slid the ball past Aaron but Jack Waldren got back to make a great clearance from the goal line.
Three minutes later we were back on level terms in rather contentious fashion. An excellent surging run by Danny culminated in him playing the ball into the path of Harry Rush who drove it across the Ware keeper Calum Kitscha into the Ware net. However, the ball struck a metal bar in the net and immediately rebounded into play where it was picked up by Kitscha and cleared up field. It immediately became clear that the match referee was not going to give a goal and he was persuaded to speak with one of his assistants and finally the goal was given but it was a nervous period of time for our side. Shortly after Danny received a yellow card. Ware almost regained their lead when a header by Charlie Yexley on the far post was parried onto the cross bay by Aaron and then as the ball rebounded into his path, Ware's Ben Hart somehow managed to sky the ball over the bar from point blank range. On the hour mark we took the lead , Ollie played the ball into the path of Keiron racing through on his right. Keiron crossed it back into the path of Ollie storming forward and he in return played it into the path of Harvey who from close range steered the ball past Kitscha into the Ware net and this time there was no confusion as to whether the ball had gone into the net or not. ​ Unfortunately, our lead only lasted for four minutes. Adams rounded Keiron on the edge of our penalty area before crossing into our goalmouth where Cowley gave Aaron no chance from close range. We then suffered a blow when Danny was sent off for a second yellow card for a clumsy but by no means malicious tackle. ​This meant that we had to play the final seventeen minutes with ten men but despite heavy Ware pressure we held on for a well earned point but had to be grateful for an excellent save by Aaron in the final minutes when he somehow managed to scoop a point blank effort by Adams around the post.

Side; Aaron Bufton, Keiron Cathline, Jack Waldren, Oliver Duffy (capt), Dwayne Duncan, Andrew O'Brien, Danny Julienne, Harry Rush, Calum Duffy, Tom Collins and Harvey Killeen.
Substitute used Brian Testolin for H Killeen (84). Unused substitutes Gareth Chendlik, Louis Bircham, Tyrik Hunte and Wayne Carter.​

Ware v Hanwell Town
42 photos

Own the grind together in adidas Teamwear

Videos and photos

Ware v Hanwell Town
42 photos
Ware v Hanwell Town

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other South Central Division results

Hayes & Yeading United
Tooting & Mitcham United


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
6. Tooting & Mitcham United 38 65
7. Ware 38 63
8. Hanwell Town 38 60
9. Waltham Abbey 38 56
10. Northwood 38 54
11. Ashford Town (Middx) 38 50
12. Bedfont Sports 38 48

Team sponsors


Club sponsors